It’s that time of year again! Winter has arrived, and with it comes the snow. If you’re like most people in Edmonton, Alberta, you probably dread having to shovel the driveway and sidewalks. Not only is it a lot of work, but it can also be dangerous if you’re not careful. In this article, we will give you 10 tips for snow removal that will save you time and money!
1. Invest in a snow blower: A snow blower is a great investment if you live in an area that gets a lot of snow. It will save you hours of time spent shoveling, and it’s much easier on your back.
2. Don’t wait until the last minute: The sooner you start clearing the snow, the easier it will be. If you wait until the storm is over, you’ll have a lot more work to do.
3. Use salt: Salt can help to melt the snow and make it easier to shovel. Just be sure to use it sparingly, as too much salt can damage concrete and plants.
4. Shovel regularly: If you shovel regularly throughout the storm, you’ll have less work to do when it’s over.
5. Take breaks: shoveling is tough work, so be sure to take breaks every few minutes. This will help you avoid getting too tired and making mistakes.
6. Push, don’t lift: Whenever possible, push the snow instead of lifting it. This will save your back from unnecessary strain.
7. Dress appropriately: Make sure you dress in layers so that you don’t get too cold while you’re outside. Wear boots with good traction to prevent slipping.
8. Use a light-colored shovel: A light-colored shovel will make it easier to see where you’re shoveling and help you avoid hitting any hidden obstacles.
9. Be careful of ice: Be very careful when shoveling around the ice, as it can be very slippery. Use salt on any areas that seem particularly icy.
10. Know your limits: If you’re not feeling well or if the snow is too deep for you to handle, don’t try to force it. It’s better to call a professional than to risk injury.
Following these tips will help you stay safe and efficient while you’re doing Snow removal Edmonton this winter. Just remember to take your time and be careful, and you’ll be finished before you know it!
Total Maintenance Service Ltd
10458 Mayfield Rd NW #201 Edmonton, Alberta T5P 4P4